Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fun bike project

I've been wishing for drop bars lately when the wind has come up during my ride. I love my bike so much, though, that I didn't want to get a new bike just to get drop bars.

I also didn't want to have to change my shifter and brake levers either.

Here's a solution I'm trying after a ton of research. Bless Google.

I put on these Ritchey Comp Mountain Bike bars:



And I added Origin 8 Drop Bar Ends:



I'm still making adjustments and I have one more test run on Friday. Then I'll post a pic and let you know how they work out. So far, they work great. They look strange, but I'm getting used to them.

I'll probably change my bike's name from Speedbump to Frank (call name for Frankenstein.) LOL.

Hope you're having a great riding day.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool new handle bars! I like your bike's new name too ;)

    ReplyDelete